We do not consider Sunday to be the “Christian Sabbath” to which some form of OT or NT regulations apply. However we do believe that the designation of a day for us to commit together to worship as a congregation corresponds to Biblical pattern and is a vital part of church life.
We have chosen Sunday as our day of corporate worship for the following reasons:
- Christ’s resurrection on the first day of the week (Matt 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, John 20:1)
- Biblical precedent of the early church gathering on the first day of the week (John 20:19, Acts 20:7)
- This has been the standard practice of the church throughout the world since the time of the apostles
Since this is the day we have chosen to worship corporately we encourage our congregation:
- To regularly attend corporate worship on Sunday (Heb 10:24,25)
- To utilize Sunday generally as a day of worship and honor to the Lord (God’s creation precedent in Genesis 2:3)